Volunteer with Collabria Care
Hospice & Palliative Services
Provide companionship to patients, respite for patient’s caregivers, run errands and/or drive patients to appointments, make bereavement calls, and provide Reiki and/or gentle massage.
Collabria Day Program
Assist with art, music, and gardening therapies, lead current events discussions, assist with board and card games, late owl activities, and one-on-one participant interactions.
We’re also looking for dedicated, compassionate volunteers to assist with front-desk reception, our development and fundraising efforts, special events and general office assistance.
“I wanted to do something with an organization that helps people. My sister had hospice. And I was very thankful for having them. When I had time to volunteer, I chose to volunteer for hospice and I am still glad I did four years later! I love going to the Collabria Care offices because everybody is warm, friendly and the atmosphere is uplifting.” – Carmen
Hospice & Palliative Care Volunteer Positions
- Patient Care Volunteer – Provide care in patient’s home or place of residence. Could be friendly visits, respite for caregiver, transportation or errands.
- Spiritual Presence Volunteer – Provide spiritual care in patient’s home or place of residence. May include prayer, reading and/or vigil.
- Bereavement Volunteer – Provide bereavement support to survivor including listening, helping with arrangements or transportation. Provide support to Bereavement Program Coordinator for grief support groups/classes.
- Bereavement Calls Volunteer – Make bereavement calls to low risk survivors at specified intervals; document calls.
- Alternative Therapies – Provide alternative therapies to patients including Reiki and Gentle Touch.
- Front Desk Volunteer – Greet visitors, call staff to announce appointments, direct our visitors to group meetings, and assist with clerical projects, as needed.
Collabria Day Program Volunteer Positions
We are seeking volunteers who really get a Person-Centered approach to Quality of Life, Purpose and Meaning.
Therapeutic Activities Volunteer – From one-on-one chats to dealing black jack and playing board games, the activity volunteer helps co-facilitate games, arts & crafts, and memory workout team puzzles.
- Horticultural Therapy Volunteer – Like to play in the dirt? HT or gardening volunteers assist in helping participants in planting small pots to large garden beds. You don’t even need a green thumb to help! You will assist our staff therapist in one-on-one plantings and helping maintain our beautiful robust garden.
- Morning Greeter – Help start the participants’ day right by greeting them as they come into the program and settling them in with their peers. A very important aspect of the volunteer greeter is to help participants with their name badges and help them feel welcomed.
- Kitchen Volunteer – This is an opportunity to assist staff in lunch clean-up and washing dishes.
- Organizational assistant – Do you like to keep things in their place and have a place for everything? At the end of a busy day our center needs tidying up. This would include straightening magazine on shelves, replenishing supplies, and preparing the activities tables for the next day. Cleaning iPads, headphones and keeping activity supplies organized.
- Administrative Volunteer – Assist with data entry, word processing,
Music and Memory Interviewer – Interview participants to help get their favorite songs to put into a personalized playlist for use in the Program.
The Collabria Day Program is not just a place. It embodies a cutting-edge philosophy in approaches to person centered care. Learn about music and memory, time slips and total brain health to name a few therapies that work to improve the quality of life of our participants. Program hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Organizational Support Positions
- Education Events Volunteer – Assist with registration at even
- Clerical Volunteer – Work with various areas including copying, collating, phone calls, data entry and filing.
- Development Support – Periodic data entry, filing, addressing and stuffing envelopes, craft projects, picking up donations, helping with social media, and website development.
- Retail Shop Volunteer – Assist with retail tasks including displaying merchandise, cleaning, pricing, assisting customers, answering questions and using the cash register.
- UpValley Village – Multiple opportunities available.
Special Events Volunteer Positions
- Annual Golf Tournament Volunteer – Assistance needed prior to the event and during the event
- Annual Gala Volunteer – Assistance needed prior to the event, as well as on the day of the event
- Light Up A Life Volunteer – Assist prior to the event with preparations; place stars at V Marketplace, remove stars at the end of event.
To become a volunteer with us, contact Anne House, Volunteer Resource Manager at 707.815.7065.