Volunteer with Collabria Care
Did you know that volunteering can help you feel happier? Several studies show that the more people volunteer for a cause that is important to them, the happier they tend to be. Why?
It connects you to others in your community
It’s good for your body and mind
It can advance your career
It can bring a sense of meaning, fun, and fulfillment to your life
Hospice & Palliative Services
Provide companionship to patients, respite for patient’s caregivers, run errands and/or drive patients to appointments, make bereavement calls, and provide Reiki and/or gentle massage.
Collabria Day Program
Assist with art, music, and gardening therapies, lead current events discussions, assist with board and card games, late owl activities, and one-on-one participant interactions.
We’re also looking for dedicated, compassionate volunteers to assist with front-desk reception, our development and fundraising efforts, special events and general office assistance.
Hospice Volunteer Positions
- Patient Care Volunteer – Provide care in patient’s home or place of residence. Could be friendly visits, respite for caregiver, transportation or errands.
- Spiritual Presence Volunteer – Provide spiritual care in patient’s home or place of residence. May include prayer or reading.
- Bereavement Volunteer – Provide bereavement support to survivor including listening, helping with arrangements or transportation. Provide support to Bereavement Program Coordinator for grief support groups/classes. Provide support by putting binders together, bringing flyers to various offices, mailings, keeping handouts up to date in the lobby, etc.
- Bereavement Calls Volunteer – Make bereavement calls to low risk survivors at specified intervals; document calls. Report any concerns to Bereavement Program Coordinator.
- Alternative Therapies – Provide alternative therapies to patients including Reiki, Massage, Aromatherapy.
- Patient Phone Calls Volunteer – Make phone calls to check in with patients; report to Transitions Nurse; document in medical record.
Collabria Day Program Volunteer Positions
- Therapeutic Activities Assistant Volunteer – Assist with programming; work with small groups and 1 on 1; including music, current events, quilting, knitting, etc.
- Therapy Department Volunteer – Assist with small group exercise as well as 1 on 1 exercise
- Horticultural Therapy Volunteer – Assist with gardening activities, or crafts on rainy days
- Welcome Greeter – Greet participants, assist with name badges, help with coffee or hot chocolate for participants, as well as visiting
- Kitchen/Lunch Help Volunteer – Mingle with participants until lunch is ready, initiate games and conversation, help with serving lunch, cleaning tables, and clean up
- Mind Boosters Volunteer – Provided 1 on 1 support as well as small group activities
Community Volunteer Positions
- Lunch Driver Volunteer – Pick up lunch at Queen of the Valley, and drop off containers later
- Education Events Volunteer – Assist with registration at events.
- Front Desk Volunteer – Greet visitors, call staff to announce appointments, direct our visitors to group meetings, and assist with clerical projects, as needed.
- Courier Volunteer – Pick up and deliver medications to patients, pick up and deliver medical records to Kaiser, Veterans Home and various physicians’ offices.
- Clerical Volunteer – Work with various areas including copying, collating, phone calls, data entry and filing.
- Development Support – Periodic data entry, filing, addressing and stuffing envelopes, craft projects, picking up donations, helping with social media, and website development.
- Retail Shop Volunteer – Assist with retail tasks including displaying merchandise, cleaning, pricing, assisting customers, answering questions and using the cash register.
Special Events Volunteer Positions
- Annual Golf Tournament Volunteer – Assistance needed prior to the event and during the event
- Annual Gala Volunteer – Assistance needed prior to the event, as well as on the day of the event
- Light Up A Life Volunteer – Assist prior to the event with preparations; place stars at V Marketplace, remove stars at the end of event
- Remembrance Garden – Assist prior to the event and water the plants during the event.
Our volunteers are required to provide proof of identification and complete a background check, LiveScan finger-printing, yearly TB skin tests and other medical requirements. In addition, volunteers must satisfy mandatory requirements for insurance, complete yearly in-services and ongoing trainings, and be determined to be a good fit with our organization.
To become a volunteer with us, contact Anne House, Volunteer Resource Manager at 707.258.9084 ext 206.